- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Public areas (lobbies, elevators, laundry rooms, etc.) and high-touch areas (door knobs, elevator buttons, etc.) will be disinfected frequently by the University. We also recommend that you clean and disinfect any frequently touched objects and surfaces in your apartment.
Members of the San Francisco State University community are required to wear something that covers their nose and mouth when on campus. In addition, residents must wear a mask or face covering when entering and traversing buildings in the housing community and must follow guidelines provided by the City and County of San Francisco and the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- When outside your home, stay at least 6 feet away from others who don’t live in your household.
- Until further notice, the limited number of housing communities that will be in operation will not be filled to capacity and only one resident will be assigned to each bedroom in order to provide for greater physical distancing.
- During Stay-at-Home or Shelter-in-Place guidelines, external (nonaffiliated) visitors to the University and overnight guests are prohibited from in the residence halls or apartments. In addition, no more than one resident student visitor is acceptable at any one time.
SF State is partnering with HealthQuest Esoterics to administer a free COVID-19 tests to students returning to the residential community after spring break. For residents who did not take the test on April 6, 2021, the following make-up test has been scheduled:
TEST DATE: Friday, April 16, 2021. REGISTRATION is required.
TEST LOCATION: Entrance to the Village at Centennial Square parking garage (across from the Towers at Centennial Square front door at 796 Font Blvd.).
TEST TIME: 9:00am to 4:00pm
4/12/21 | Post-Spring Break COVID-19 Make-up Test
4/9/21 | COVID-19 Vaccination Opportunity for SF State Housing Students
3/29/2021 | Mandatory Post-Spring Break COVID-19 Testing
12/17/20 | Spring 2021 COVID-19 Testing for Returning Residents
12/04/20 | COVID-19 During the Holiday Season
11/30/20 | COVID-19 Curfew Order Reminder
11/01/20 | COVID-19 Holiday Guidelines & Reminders
10/16/20 | Spring 2021 Housing Availability
8/12/20 | COVID-19 Residential Responsibilities
6/26/20 | Notice Regarding Fall 2020 Housing Eligibility
6/04/20 | Notice Regarding Fall 2020 Housing
4/29/20 | Notice to Residents to Pick up Their Belongings
4/23/20 | Notice Regarding Face Coverings
4/17/20 | COVID-19 Check-Out Form [PDF]
3/23/20 | Notification of Housing Fees Adjustments/refund [PDF]
3/17/20 | Updates following the shelter-in-place order [PDF]
(Range from Mild to Severe)
- Fever - Common
- Headache - Sometimes
- General Aches & Pains - Sometimes
- Fatigue & Weakness - Sometimes
- Extreme Exhaustion - Sometimes
- Stuffy Nose - Rare
- Sneezing - Rare
- Sore Throat - Sometimes
- Cough - Common
- Shortness of Breath - Sometimes
WHAT TO DO IF YOU’RE SICK
If you are feeling symptoms related to COVID-19, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org as well as your primary care provider or urgent care. In addition, we recommend you self-isolate for at least 14 days until your symptoms clear and take a COVID-19 test to ensure you are negative for the virus.
- SF State COVID-19 Resources
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- California Department of Public Health
- San Francisco Department of Public Health
- World Health Organization
- Johns Hopkins University real-time dashboard of global coronavirus infection map
- U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration