We're Sad to See You Go!
We’ve enjoyed having you in on-campus housing and are sad to see our time come to an end. We hope your move-out goes smoothly and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
MSQ | July 31, 2023 by Noon
All other communities | May 27, 2023 by Noon
If you are transitioning to another space for the next academic year, you will be sent an email with transition instructions.
Need to Move Out Before the End of Your License Term?
Be sure to review the steps you need to take to request to cancel your License Agreement early. Approval is required.
STEP ① | PREPARE FOR YOUR DEPARTURE
Pack your belongings and clean your room/apartment according to the Move-out Responsibilities listed below.
Please Note: University Housing is not responsible for any items left behind and will not ship/store any personal belongings.
STEP ② | CHECK OUT OF YOUR UNIT
After you have removed all of your belongings from your apartment, proceed to your designated community desk to fill out an Express Checkout form and turn in all of your keys (including mailbox keys). Your room will be inspected after you have moved out.
THINGS TO KNOW
- Failure to properly check out will result in an improper check-out fee.
- Key Returns: Do NOT return any of your keys by mail. Keys not returned at check-out will result in the following fees:
- Keys returned < 30-days after checkout: a key replacement fee + pro-rated room charges from the date of checkout until the date the keys are returned.
- Keys returned > 30 days after checkout: A key replacement fee + a 30-day pro-rated room charge.
- Personal vehicles must remain in designated campus public parking areas or on public streets during move-out. Any vehicle found on campus walking paths or within the housing community will be ticketed.
- To make your move easier, we recommend that you bring a dolly or hand truck to move your belongings to your vehicle.
REMINDER | Charges may be assessed based on type and extent of damage or improper cleaning found in your unit after move-out. View the Community Living Standards Guide and your License Agreement for more information.
REMOVE posters, wall hangings, decals, etc. as well as any hanging material (3M Command hooks, tape, etc.).
MOVE all furniture is back to the original configuration and ensure it is in working order.
CLEAN your room/apartment thoroughly.
DISPOSE of all trash, recycling, and compost to designated areas.