Post-Winter Break Return to Housing
Although classes will be online for the first 3 weeks of the semester, residents who have been off campus for the break will still be permitted to return to housing as previously planned on January 22, 2022 for MWH & TJS or at any time for all other housing communities. Given the current status of the COVID-19 pandemic, however, the Student Housing and Residential Life teams strongly encourages all residents to evaluate their current needs and decide whether returning to campus before in-person classes are reinstated is the best option. If you will not experience an academic, financial, or basic needs hardship, please consider returning on February 12, 2022 as it will help ensure the health and safety of you, your roommate(s), and the residential community.
- If you choose to return on February 12th, you will still be responsible for your 6th installment as you will remain in possession of your bedspace during the time leading up to that date.
- The deadline to change your meal plan has been extended to February 25th.
POST-WINTER BREAK HOUSING SURVEY
To prepare for the return of students to the residential community and to help us to make every effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we ask that you complete a short survey. The survey will ask you to:
- Provide the date you anticipate returning to campus or to confirm whether you are already on campus.
- Confirm that you will or have taken a COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior returning to campus.
POST-WINTER BREAK COVID-19 TESTING
All residents are required to test for COVID-19 prior to return to campus and shortly after they return.
Residents Returning to Campus
In addition to taking a COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior returning to campus, you must also take a campus administered COVID-19 test according to the following schedule:
- Arriving by January 27, 2022 | Test between January 24 and 27, 2022
- Arriving between January 27 and February 12, 2022 | Test on the next available testing date during the week (or the week immediately after) you arrive.
Residents Already on Campus
If have already returned to campus or never left for winter break and have not taken a COVID-19 test within the past 72 hours, please schedule an appointment to take a campus administered COVID-19 test immediately. Tests are currently being administered at the top of Lot 20 on Mondays and Thursdays from 9:00am to 11:00am. Please Note: You will also be required to take an additional test between January 24 and January 27, 2022. This additional test requirement will help in our efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 within the residential community.