Your Housing License Agreement is for the entire academic year. If you intend to vacate your unit before the end of the academic year, you will need to meet one of the following criteria in order to request early cancellation. For further information, please consult your Student Housing License Agreement Terms and Conditions, Part 1, section X and XI Cancellation By Licensee Prior and During the Fee Period.
Criteria for Early Cancellation of Your License Agreement *
- End of Student status
- Marriage or Domestic Partnership
- Hardship or extraordinary circumstances
*Physical documentation required.
How to Request to Cancel Your License Agreement Early
Complete the 'Intent to Vacate' form on the housing portal 30-days prior to the date you intend to move out according to the following instructions:
- Log in to the housing portal.
- Select the 'Intent to Vacate' link at the top of the page.
- On the 'Booking Selector' page, select your room assignment and then press 'Save & Continue'.
- On the 'Welcome' page press 'Save & Continue', no information is needed on this page.
- On the 'Intent to Vacate Information' page select the desired Move-Out date and enter a detailed explanation for the desire to vacate.
- Enter your SFSU ID number and press 'Save & Continue'. You will be notified if your Intent to Vacate request has been approved.
- If your Intent to Vacate notice has been denied and you still choose to move, you may be required to pay full fees for the entire academic year as required by the License Agreement.
- The Intent to Vacate notice is only required for early cancellation of your license agreement.
Get Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.