Housing Lock Changes FAQs (Updated 1/21/2020)

See below for FAQs regarding housing lock changes.

What buildings are affected?

  • Mary Park
  • Mary Ward
  • Towers at Centennial Square
  • Towers Jr. Suites
  • Village A, B and C
  • University Park North
  • University Park South

Are the lost keys identifiable?

No, the keys have no verifiable markings that would link them back to the University or any specific door.

What are you doing to increase security?

A 24-hour security service has been initiated, making a security officer available at each affected building. UPD has also increased patrols in the vicinity of the affected residence halls and apartments. In addition, perimeter doors to buildings will be rekeyed immediately as an additional step to enhance security.

Will my locks be changed?

Yes, building perimeter locks, common areas, as well as residential apartment doors will be rekeyed. Sequence for rekeying has been established as follows:

  • Building Perimeter Doors & University Park South 
  • Mary Park Hall & Mary Ward Hall
  • Village A, B, and C
  • Towers at Centennial Square and Towers Jr. Suites
  • University Park North Gardens & High Rises

When will my locks be changed?

All residential apartment doors have been changed.

How and when will I get my new keys?

For Student Housing Residents: 

All residents in Student Housing can pick up their keys based on your residential community in the following locations:

  • Mary Park Residents | Mary Park Front Desk | Phone: (415) 406-5702
  • Mary Ward Residents | Mary Ward Front Desk | Phone: (415) 406-5703
  • Towers at Centennial Square, Towers Junior Suites, and University Park South Residents | Towers at Centennial Square Front Desk | Phone: (415) 405-9360
  • Village at Centennial Square Residents | Village at Centennial Square Front Desk | Phone: (415) 405-8000
  • University Park North Garden’s and University Park North High Rise Residents | 295 Buckingham Way Office | Phone: (415) 566-1556

For Employee & Family Housing Residents:

All residents with Employee and Family Housing can pick-up their keys from 9 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday at the EFH Office located at 796 State Drive.  Residents can also make an appointment by contacting the office at (415) 405-4000 or via email at employee_housing@sfsu.edu.

What should I do if I arrive outside of the key pick up hours and my locks have been changed?

Please make an effort to arrive during the listed times above for key pick up. In case of emergency key pick up after the listed hours, please call (415) 405-9360 to request.

Who can pick up keys?

Only residents listed in the current license agreement will be eligible to pick up keys. Each resident must pick up and sign off for their individual keys and cannot pick up another household members’ keys. Identification will be required for key pick up.

How do I report a security concern?

For emergencies, contact the University Police Department at (415) 338-2222.

Where can I direct further questions?

At this time, if it is an emergency, please contact the University Police Department.