Holiday COVID-19 Guidelines & Reminders
As you begin to plan for travels home for Fall Break (Monday, November 23rd–Sunday, November 29th) or Winter Break (Saturday, December 19th) we want to support and prepare you for a safe and healthy trip.
Continue to practice safety for yourself and others leading up to your departure. You’ve done a great job practicing the safety behaviors below. We encourage you to continue doing those:
- Wearing masks and facial coverings.
- Staying physically distant (at least 6ft) when interacting with small groups of people face-to-face)
- Washing your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds.
Communication and Expectations with your Roommates/SFSU Circle of Friends
Communicating and establishing expectations between you and your roommates will be important before you depart SFSU. How have you let your roommates and social bubble members know that you will be traveling during Fall and Winter Break?
Below are some questions to consider:
- How do you plan on traveling during the break?
- What is the COVID culture at your destination or as you travel to your destination? Will you need to quarantine? How limited are the flights/buses/trains?
- What will interaction with family and friends look like? Do you have any immune-compromised friends/parents/siblings?
Prepare for your trip
Start having conversations with your friends/family on what your experience has been like at SF State.
- Prior to traveling ask what potential exposure to new people will be like and what the culture of COVID is like at your destination.
- Let those who you will be hanging out with know what your exposure has been at SFSU. Are they familiar with your germ bubble members? Are you able to describe to them the precautions you’ve been taking these last 3 months.
Know your status
There are locations in the city that offer testing. Most facilities ask that you schedule an appointment at least 2 weeks out. Consider getting tested before leaving and minimizing any high exposure situations from time leading up to your test, to the time you arrive at your destination.
Coming back to SFSU
- What are your expectations and plans for isolating when you return to campus?
- How do you plan to communicate to your roommate, social bubble members, and the university if you think you may have been exposed while you were traveling?
Student Housing may require the following things upon your return:
- Provide negative COVID test results
- Provide proof of a flu shot.
- More information will be provided as SF State will closely monitor city, county and state mandates.
- Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel like you may have been exposed.
These are just a few things to consider as you plan your travels. Again, your efforts help keep those in our community (and their family and friends) health. It takes a community and we pride ourselves in living in a city with a high commitment for health and care for one another. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any support. We are here for you.