COVID-19 Vaccination Opportunity for SF State Housing Students
As announced by Governor Newsom last month, California is making COVID-19 vaccinations available to all residents age 16 and older as of Thursday, April 15. This is a major development for the entire campus community, but especially for you and your families.
You have options to locate and schedule vaccine appointments no matter where you currently live. The CDC recommends delaying travel until you are fully vaccinated because travel increases your chance of getting and spreading COVID-19. Please check with your local health department for an appointment in your area.
If you are living in or near San Francisco, the county is designating a limited quantity of vaccines at the Mashouf Wellness Center vaccination site for the University community. Students may register now for April 15 appointments at the vaccination site, operated by Safeway, but supply is limited.
Unique links for SF State students and employees to sign up for vaccines on campus are being posted each week on the SF State COVID-19 Vaccination Website. Safeway posts new vaccination appointments as they become available on campus (usually Thursdays).
Important reminders for all participants:
- Participants are seen by appointment only. Sign up at the link above, and fill out all forms in advance of your appointment.
- Fill out the COVID-19 Immunization Consent Form prior to your appointment.
- Bring your driver’s License or ID as well as your medical and prescription insurance card to the appointment.
- Bring proof of eligibility and/or fill out the COVID-19 Eligibility Attestation Form prior to your appointment.
- Wear a short-sleeve shirt if possible.
- Do NOT attend the clinic if you are feeling unwell or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GET A VACCINE?
- California residents may visit the California Department of Public Health’s My Turn website and enter your zip code to locate available appointments. In San Francisco, some public transit is free if you are traveling to a vaccine site. Visit the San Francisco Municipal Transit Authority website for information.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services also offers a web-based tool for locating vaccination appointments no matter where you are residing in the U.S.
- Reach out to your primary care provider to ask for the vaccine. If you are a Kaiser patient, sign in on the Kaiser Website to search for appointments or use the Kaiser app.
- Try using the Walgreen’s appointment finder. Enter your zip code, create a Walgreen’s account and state your eligibility.
- The Dignity Health/GoHealth Urgent Care location at 1600 Market Street in San Francisco also offers online appointments.
- Check the San Francisco Department of Public Health vaccination site for more options.
Please note that while SF State is hosting the Mashouf Wellness Center vaccination site, it is not responsible for determining eligibility. Any questions regarding vaccine eligibility should be directed to your local health officials. We are not offering the vaccine through Student Health Services at this time, but we will update the campus as vaccine availability and capacity changes.
Information about the COVID-19 vaccines and their availability in the city are available on San Francisco’s government website.