COVID-19 During the Holiday Season
Practice COVID-19 Safety Precautions When Traveling:
- Stay physically distant from others by maintaining a 6ft distance.
- Wear a facial covering in public spaces, and consider wearing one indoors if you or your roommate has traveled.
- Self-isolate 14 days before going home or before returning to campus.
- Schedule a COVID-19 test once you reach your destination.
Discuss a Safety Plan with your Apartment-mate:
Given the purple tier status of San Francisco, we encourage every resident to limit contact with anyone not living in their own apartment. During this time, consider having a conversation with your roommate about COVID-19 safety in a shared living space. We understand this conversation may be difficult, but it is also necessary to ensure all roommates are safe and healthy. If you find you and your roommate having a difficult time navigating the conversation, feel free to reach out to your RA for guidance. Here are some questions to consider:
- What are your plans for Winter Break?
- What does the COVID culture like at your destination?
- What will interaction with family and friends look like?
- Do you have any immune-compromised friends/parents/siblings?
- Do you feel like you may need to quarantine?
- What are your thoughts on wearing masks indoors or when we’re in shared spaces?