To Cancel and Application or Decline a Space:
The Housing Office requires a written cancellation 30 days or more before move-in. If the request to cancel is within this timeframe, the initial payment will be refunded less the application fee. Cancellation requests of less than 30 days will result in a partial refund depending on the date of cancellation.
Upon receipt of the cancellation request, the University will return the funds in the form of a check made out to the applicant in approximately 3-4 weeks. If the student owes any fees to the University, the Bursar will deduct those fees prior to sending any remaining refund.
If a cancellation is requested prior to paying the initial payment or if you are on the wait list, you may cancel at any time with no penalty. For further information about cancelling when on the wait list, go to the 'Waitlist FAQ' page.
To Cancel your Housing Application:
- Log into the Housing portal
- Select “Cancellation Application Request” from the menu bar
- Select “Continue” on the term that you wish to cancel your housing application
- Select the reason for your cancellation and enter any details pertaining to your cancellation request
- Enter your SFSU ID and select “Save & Continue” to proceed to the Cancellation Confirmation page.