To cancel an application or decline a space, the Housing Office requires a written cancellation 30 days or more prior move-in. If the request to cancel is within this timeframe, the initial payment will be refunded less the application fee. Cancellation requests of less than 30 days may result in a notice charge being assessed to your account.
In order to receive the refund described above for the 2021-2022 application, cancellations will need to be received by:
July 15, 2021 | For applications received prior to June 15, 2021
Within 30 days of applying | For applications received on or after June 15, 2021
Upon receipt of the cancellation request, the University will return the funds in the form of a check made out to the applicant in approximately 3-4 weeks. If the student owes any fees to the University, the Bursar will deduct those fees prior to sending any remaining refund.
Please Note: If a cancellation is requested prior to paying the initial payment or if you are on the wait list, you may cancel at any time with no penalty.
Steps to Cancel your Application
- Log into the Housing portal
- Select 'Cancellation My Housing Application' from the menu
- Click on the term you wish to cancel
- Choose a reason for your cancellation and enter any details pertaining to your cancellation request
- Enter your SF State ID and select 'Save & Continue' to proceed to the Cancellation Confirmation page