Your dining experience is more than great food. It is community experience centered on culinary expertise, fresh ingredients, healthy options and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility. San Francisco State Dining Services excels at offering the ultimate campus life experience with regular promotions, semester events and prize winning contests. Below is just a small sampling of what students, faculty and staff can enjoy.
Where to Dine
City Eats is the residential dining commons serving the campus community an array of all-you-care-to-eat selections. Choose from a variety of platforms dedicated to offering the foods you love. Throughout the dining commons, you’ll easily find vegan, vegetarian, and allergen-free dishes by looking for the designated marks.
|Hours of Operation:|
Monday - Friday:
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Afternoon Meal Service:
Fresh brewed coffee comes alive with signature favorites and seasonal specials at Café in the Park featuring all the Starbucks Coffee favorites, as well as house baked pastries and bagels. Students will also enjoy Simply to Go meal options including sandwiches, salads, and desserts. Simply to Go options are made daily using local, farm fresh ingredients. Not meal plan eligible; Gator Dollars accepted.
Monday - Friday:
7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Closed on Weekends
Bricks offers customers a delicious assortment of made-to-order pasta, quality fresh pizzas, and an array of to-go options. Meal plan eligible; Gator Dollars accepted.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday:
5:00 p.m. - Midnight
Mandatory Meal Plans
- Participation in a meal plan is mandatory for all Licensees residing in all San Francisco State Housing with the exception of University Park North (UPN) and University Park South (UPS) Licensees and Students with Families (See Voluntary Meal Plans below).
- The minimum required plan for new residents is the 240 Block Meal Plan. This plan will be defaulted to if a specific meal plan is not selected on the License Agreement.
- Meals that go unredeemed are non-refundable at the end of the school year. Meals are non-transferrable.
Voluntary Meal Plans (Students with Families and UPN/UPS Residents)
- Students with Families and residents in UPN an UPS can purchase Voluntary meal plans directly from San Francisco State Dining Services.
- Voluntary meal plans do not expire as long as you are an active student at San Francisco State University. Active student ID required.
- Fall semester - August 31, 2018
- Spring semester - February 4, 2019
- Gator Dollars are the University currency.
- Gator Dollars work just like cash at residential dining facilities.
- You can use them to buy additional meals or to invite guests.
- Gator Dollars are not provided by Housing as part of the meal plan.
- Gator Dollars can be added on the OneCard website.