University Park Office Family Student Housing
The University Park Office administers unfurnished housing apartments at University Park North specifically reserved for Students who are married or have dependents. Students must be married and/or have children (or other legal dependents) in order to qualify for this housing program. Applications are accepted year-round. These apartments are not administered by the SF State Housing Office bedspace program.
Students must provide the following information to be considered for an apartment. Email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Student’s Full Name
- SF State ID number
- Cell Phone
- Make-up of household (number of adults/children)
- Target move-in date
- Apartment size needed (note: maximum bedroom occupancy is 2 persons)
Application and Availability
The University Park Office offers apartments to applicants based on availability and proposed date of move in. The following must be completed before University Park can confirm availability:
- The SF State student applicant must complete a paper application, which includes the following:
- SFSU ID
- Government issued photo ID
- Proof of Income: Financial Aid award letter, last three paystubs if working, letter from parents if they are giving financial aid to student.
- Class schedule
- Marriage License and/or Birth Certificate of child
- Payment of a $40.00 application fee from applicant and each family member
- $500.00 Holding Deposit
Each family member over the age of 18 must also complete a paper application.
It is important that the student follow the process and timeline set by the Leasing Specialist in order to be guaranteed a move-in.
Incoming residents are required to pay a security deposit before move-in. Security deposits rates for 2016 are: (security deposit amounts are subject to change in 2017).
- One Bedroom/One Bath: $2,100.00
- Two Bedroom/One Bath: $2,800.00
- Three Bedroom/Two Bath: $3,500.00
Rent amounts for University Park Student Family Housing vary depending on size and location. Payments are due the first of each month, and are considered late by the 5th.
The following is the 2016 rental range (rental amounts are subject to change in 2017):
- One Bedroom/One Bath: $2,070.00 to $2,275.00
- Two Bedroom/One Bath: $2,800.00 to $3,245.00
- Three Bedroom/Two Bath: $3,600.00 to $4,195.00
Utilities: Electricity, gas, water and garbage included. Residents must provide their own cable and internet access.
Parking: Each apartment receives one street parking permit for Buckingham Way. Designated spaces are marked and are on a first come, first served basis.
If interested or if you have questions, please contact the
University Park Office
Open Monday-Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM – closed from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Closed on campus holidays